The data controller is Curious Pencil Cards Ltd.
Approved by management on 17/05/2018
Policies became operational on 25/05/2018
We at Curious Pencil need to gather and use certain information about individuals.
These can include customers, suppliers, business contacts, employees and other people the organisation has a relationship with or may need to contact. We are committed to protecting and respecting your information and privacy. This policy describes how this personal data must be collected, handled and stored to meet the company’s data protection standards and comply with the law.
The data protection act 1998 describes how organisations, including Curious Pencil Cards LTD must store, collect and handle personal information.
Data we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following information:
- That which you provide by filling any forms on our site: www.curiouspencil.co.uk, this includes any landing pages in connection with this site. (This is also relevant when using our services.)
- If you contact us, via email, phone or post we may keep a record of that correspondence and information provided within.
- If you complete surveys, we use this for research purposes.
- Any comments or reviews may be used for customer service improvement.
- Details of any transactions you carry out through the site
- Information on your visits to our site and other communication data and the resources that you access, this includes, but is not limited to, weblogs, traffic data, location data.
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration purposes. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- We may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using technology such as “cookies”. To find out more about cookies, including how to control and disable them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
(This type of technology helps us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service for you.)
Cookies enable us to understand visitor numbers; to speed up your searches and to recognise you and your requirements when you return to our site. This also helps to present more target and interest-driven advertising.
You have the right to deny technologies such as cookies by enabling settings on your browser.
Where we store personal data
- All information you provide to us is stored on our servers as mentioned in (Data we may collect about you).
- Payment transactions are processed through PayPal or Stripe secure servers and encrypted by our third party payment providers mentioned. Curious Pencil Cards LTD does not store your card details for any reason. Both PayPal and Stripe have their own privacy policies, you can review this on the following links: https://www.paypal.com/en/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full or https://stripe.com/gb/privacy
- On occasion, transactions may be processed through direct debit or direct transfer. At all times we will request your permission for this method of payment. If a direct debit is set up, you will receive a separate direct debit agreement for your approval, any bank account information will be encrypted by our third party payment providers.
- If you have set up a password to access certain areas of our site, you are responsible for keeping your personal password confidential. We ask you not to share your passwords with anyone. Curious Pencil Cards Ltd does not have explicit access to view your personal password.
Please note that the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the site; any transmission is at your own risk. Accordingly, Curious Pencil accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss or misuse of the data that may occur while the data is in transmission.
Links to other sites
Our site may, from time to time may contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies, so please look at these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these third-party policies.
How we use Information
We use information for the following uses:
- To maintain, improve and administer the Site.
- To ensure that content is presented to you in a user-friendly manner.
- To provide you with information about products or services.
- To allow you to use interactive features on our site, which includes management of your online account.
- To notify you about changes.
- To generate personal profile reports about you, which we use to help to tailor our site, and our interactions with you to suit your preferences.
We may disclose personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Curious Pencil Cards LTD or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Curious Pencil Cards LTD, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We may pass your personal data to a third party partner organisation for the purposes of analysing customer demographic information. This third party is subject to contractual arrangements and will not pass your personal data to any other party.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes you can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or 0121 533 4626
Accessing your Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. You can find out if we hold any personal information about you by making a “subject access request” under the Data Protection Act 1998.
Any request should be made in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.